This Low Carb Tangerine Old Fashioned is a delicious, sugar free twist on the classic. Enjoy the holidays and minimize the caloric damage.
Recently, we fell in love with the classic drink - The Old Fashioned. We've drank them occasionally for years, but a few weeks ago, we dropped by the Bellhop Bar at the Loews Chicago Hotel, and had an amazing Honey Old Fashioned that they are serving for a limited time. Until mid January, you can visit the Bellhop Bar from 5-7 pm at any Loews Hotel to try some limited time cocktails that feature ingredients from flavor partners from the local region.
At the Loews Chicago Hotel, try their Honey Old Fashioned and the Hangar 455. At Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, you can enjoy the "fall fashioned" or a dirty martini featuring the Chicago classic, giardiniera.
After trying this drink, we had to make our own that was a little bit of a lower impact on our blood sugar. We knew that we would be drinking them all season. We hope you enjoy our low carb spin on this cocktail recipe inspired by the honey old fashioned we tried!
Here's What You Need For Low Carb Tangerine Old Fashioned:
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- Angostura bitters
- Bourbon whiskey
- Maraschino cherry for garnish, optional
- Slice of tangerine peel for garnish
More Low Carb Cocktails To Try:
- Pomegranate and Ginger Gin Bennett
- Spiced Cranberry Old Fashioned
- Fall Harvest Whiskey Sipper (Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail)
Here's How To Make Low Carb Tangerine Old Fashioned:
- Add your sugar free sweetener to the bottom of your glass.
- Half the tangerine, then squeeze the juice into the bottom of the glass.
- Add in your bitters, and the water.
- Add the ice.
- Now, for the bourbon. Add in 1.5 - 2 oz of bourbon. Depends on your taste, we used 1.5 oz.
- Now mix, add a cherry and a slice of the peel of the tangerine.
- Now, just serve and enjoy!
Until next time,
Briana & Chamere
Low Carb Tangerine Old Fashioned
- 1 teaspoon sugar free sweetener (to taste)
- 2 teaspoon fresh squeezed tangerine juice
- ¼ teaspoon angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- 1 whole maraschino cherry (optional)
- Add sugar free sweetener to the bottom of a glass. Squeeze tangerine juice into the glass.
- Add in a teaspoon of water, and angostura bitters. Add in the ice.
- Pour in bourbon to taste, between 1.5-2 oz of bourbon. We used 1.5 oz.
- Stir, then garnish with a maraschino cherry and a slice of the tangerine peel. Enjoy!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.