We think you will love this Keto Blueberry Smoothie. It’s packed full of fiber, fats and of course antioxidant rich blueberries. It makes the perfect breakfast if you’re looking to cut some sugar and carbs on a low carb diet. The best part is, it still tastes sweet, but has a minimal effect on your blood sugar! This low carb blueberry smoothie is going to be a favorite once you try it!
- Cream cheese (full fat)
- Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Protein powder of choice
- Ground cinnamon
- Sweetener of choice (we love Swerve)
- MCT oil* (optional, for added fat content)
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened nut milk, low carb milk, or you could mix in some heavy whipping cream for more fat and creaminess!
Let’s Make This Keto Blueberry Smoothie!
- We like to add the ice to the blender first. People might argue about this one, it’s really personal preference but we’ve done it like this for years!
- Next add in your cream cheese and blueberries.
- Next add in your protein powder, sweetener of choice and cinnamon.
- Add in your oil of choice, vanilla extract and unsweetened nut milk. Blend!
- Now, all you really need to do is pour and serve. Drink immediately!
We originally created this Low Carb Blueberry Smoothie recipe back in July of 2018. We have since tweaked how we make this recipe to lower the carbs, and to put in some better sources of protein and collagen! We now use Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein in place of whey protein powder. It’s good for our hair, skin, nails, joints and gut health, and provides lots of protein without irritating our digestive system.
If you’d rather include whey protein powder, feel free to just swap the collagen for your protein powder of choice. We love Ancient Nutrition products because they are from pasture raised, grass fed cows and are completely gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, paleo, Whole 30 and keto friendly. They are also low in carbs and calories, while adding a nice punch of protein and lots of beneficial amino acids. You can get 20% off of our order using our affiliate code ‘AFullLiving20’ at checkout.
Flavor and Thickness:
Thickness: We would also like to note that we like our smoothies kind of “runny” rather than thick, so if you like your smoothies more thick, simply omit some of the ice.
Vanilla: Just a note about imitation vanilla – it’s been much cheaper than vanilla extract lately, so we often have that on hand. Vanilla extract is our preferred, but imitation vanilla works just fine and it measures the same.
Another great addition to this Keto Blueberry Smoothie would be some heavy whipping cream for more fat and creamy flavor!
Show Us Yours!: We also love when you guys try our recipes and share them with us! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram @afullliving so we can see it and share it!
Shop This Recipe!
If You Love This Low Carb Blueberry Smoothie, Check Out Some Of These Other Recipes:
- Low Carb Acai Smoothie Bowl
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
- Keto French Toast Pigs in a Blanket with Candied Bacon
If you get a chance to try this Low Carb Blueberry Smoothie recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Thanks for dropping by! We hope you get a chance to give this recipe a try.
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Keto Blueberry Smoothie
- 2 cups ice (add more if you like things thicker or icier)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (full fat)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 scoops bone broth protein
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar free sweetener of choice (we love monkfruit, liquid stevia or swerve)
- 2 tablespoons MCT oil (you can also use coconut oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened nut milk (or your preferred low carb milk)
- Add ice to the blender first. (Matter of preference but we like to add it first!)
- Add blueberries and cream cheese.
- Add in collagen peptides or beef gelatin, ground cinnamon and sweetener.
- Add in MCT oil, vanilla extract and unsweetened nut milk.
- Blend for about 1 minute and serve this Low Carb Blueberry Smoothie!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.