This Low Carb Blood Orange Ginger Serrano Fizz is the perfect balance of bright and citrus flavored balanced with a pinch of salt, sweetness and just the right amount of kick! Make these gorgeous and delicious cocktails all season long. Impress your friends with this simple creation. This cocktail is 5 net carbs per serving, so you can stay on track with your low carb way of eating.
Here’s What You Need For This Low Carb Blood Orange Ginger Serrano Fizz:
- Serrano pepper infused tequila - see notes to make your own below
- Blood oranges
- Himalayan pink salt
- SweetLeaf Stevia Clear* optional and to taste
- Diet ginger ale of choice, our pick is Zevia Ginger Ale
Infusing the tequila: A few days prior to making this cocktail, you will need to infuse your tequila. We promise, it’s the easiest process ever. We took 3 serrano peppers, cut them up (seeds and all) and put them into a mason jar, then covered them with tequila (about 16 ounces of tequila) and then put the lid on. Shake the jar vigorously for about 30 seconds, then leave the jar in a cool place out of the sunlight for as long as you desire, or really until the spiciness level is where you want it. You can smell the tequila to tell if it's infused enough. If it smells spicy, it's ready.
We only needed less than 12 hours to get our tequila to a pretty hot level that we really enjoyed. Again, we used 3 whole peppers. You will need to taste the tequila to make sure you like it! When your tequila is ready, simply take a metal sieve and strain the tequila thru into a mason jar, discarding the peppers. If you want to make a second infusion, keep the peppers and repeat the process, because they will still be plenty hot! We’re not experts on how long the tequila will last now that it’s infused… but since it's alcohol, the shelf life is probably very long, at least a couple of months. It probably won't last that long tho!
Sweeteners: We advise sweetening anything we make on this site to taste. People have different taste buds, so everyone's preferences are a little different. We used SweetLeaf Stevia Clear drops to sweeten this cocktail. We used 10 drops (to make 2 cocktails) and thought it was perfect for us.
If you aren't concerned about the carb or sugar content, use simple syrup, agave nectar, honey, or really any sweetener you like, to taste!
Ginger Ale: For this drink we used Zevia Ginger Ale. It’s 0 calories and carbs because it’s sweetened with Stevia, so obviously a very clean choice for a mixer. You could use any ginger ale you like.
- Mason Jar
- Metal Sieve
- Jigger (for measuring alcohol)
- Cocktail Shaker
- Low Ball Glasses/Rocks Glasses
- Heavy Duty Citrus Squeezer
More Low Carb Cocktails To Try:
Let's Make This Low Carb Blood Orange Ginger Serrano Fizz!
You will need to start by infusing your tequila for about 6-12 hours before making this drink. When the alcohol has reached a spice level that you like, simply strain the serrano pepper bits from the tequila by using a metal sieve. Store in a jar in a cool, dark place until you're ready to use. This really does depend on each person. Check it often. If it smells spicy, strain it!
When it's time to prepare the drinks, add 3 ounces of your serrano infused tequila to your cocktail shaker with some ice.
Add in fresh squeezed lemon and blood orange juice, salt, and your sweetener of choice. Shake for about 30 seconds, until your shaker is icy and cold.
Strain the mixture into some chilled glasses that have been rimmed with salt and filled with ice. Squeeze in some more lemon if you'd like. Top the drinks with ginger ale, and garnish with blood orange slices, or lemon or a piece of a serrano pepper. Whatever you'd like.
Serve and enjoy responsibly! We hope you love this low carb blood orange serrano ginger fizz!
Please let us know if you guys give this recipe a try, and be sure to share with us on Instagram @afullliving so we can showcase your creations. Leaving a rating or a comment is also immensely helpful. 🙂
Until next time,
Briana & Chamere
Low Carb Blood Orange Serrano Ginger Fizz
- 3 ounces serrano pepper infused tequila (see instructions for how to make it)
- 4 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 10 drops SweetLeaf Stevia Clear (optional and to taste)
- 1 can diet ginger ale of choice, we use Zevia
- About 6-12 hours before making the cocktail, you will need to infuse your tequila. We promise, it’s the easiest process ever. We took 3 serrano peppers, cut them up (seeds and all) and put them into a mason jar, then covered them with tequila (about 16 ounces of tequila) and then put the lid on. Shake the jar vigorously for about 30 seconds, then leave the jar in a cool place out of the sunlight for as long as you desire, or really until the spiciness level is where you want it. You can smell the tequila to tell if it's ready. If it's spicy, it's good to go. When your tequila is ready, simply take a metal sieve and strain the tequila thru into a mason jar, discarding the peppers.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, add in your tequila, blood orange juice and lemon juice.
- Add in your SweetLeaf Stevia drops and salt at this time. Then put the lid on the cocktail shaker and shake it up!
- Strain the mixture into some chilled glasses that have been rimmed with salt. Add in more ice if you like, as well as a squeeze of lemon. Top the drinks with ginger ale. Garnish with a slice of blood orange. Enjoy!!