These Chewy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies are so satisfying, you will forget they aren’t the real thing. Gluten free, sugar free, low carb and keto friendly, you don’t have to feel guilty about these treats. A perfectly chewy texture for all your cookie cravings. Quick, easy to make and delicious gluten free and sugar free chocolate chip cookies, that are only 2 net carbs per cookie!
Here’s What You Need For Chewy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Xanthan gum
- Kosher salt
- Granular sweetener of choice
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese, full fat
- Sugar free chocolate chips
If you have vanilla extract to use, that works best. However, lately we’ve been noticing the prices of vanilla extract have been very high, so if you only have imitation vanilla, that will work just fine.
Sweeteners: We think the best tasting baked goods often have a blend of sweeteners. We link our favorite products so you can try for yourself, but as always, this is just our suggestion and you can feel free to use whatever sweeteners are your favorite! This goes for if you are not concerned about the sugar content as well. We think the granular sweeteners we use as sugar substitutes measure and taste just like sugar, so we imagine subbing 1:1 would work just fine. We love Ketose+Sweet granular because it’s an allulose, monk fruit and stevia blend, giving it a rounded, authentic “sugar” taste. We also included some Lakanto Golden in this recipe for a yummy brown sugar type of taste.
Flour: We often get asked about substituting flours for people that aren’t keto or gluten free. We are definitely not experts. We have grown to like baking as it’s sort of a necessity for our special diet, but we kind of just experiment a lot until we find what works. We usually use almond flour and we find the texture to be closest to regular white flour in our experience, so we imagine subbing 1:1 regular flour would work okay. Again, we aren’t guaranteeing anything! In this recipe we think the coconut flour is absolutely necessary if you’re working with almond flour as well. We don’t recommend substituting coconut flour for almond flour 1:1. Coconut flour can be very drying, so it has to be handled carefully.
Show Us Yours!: We also love when you guys try our recipes and share them with us! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag us on Instagram @afullliving so we can see it and share it!
More Recipes To Try:
- Keto Candied Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Salted Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups
- Keto Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Let’s Make It!
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add your almond flour, salt, binding ingredient and baking powder. Mix well and set aside.
In a separate bowl, melt your butter and add in your sweeteners. Cream together well with a hand mixer. Next, add your cream cheese and vanilla extract. Cream together again with the hand mixer.
Add in the egg, mix together well. Then, add the wet mix to the dry mix and combine well.
Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter. Form the dough into 12 balls, place on a cookie sheet. They will not spread much while baking, so make sure you’re okay with the shape.
Put in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Chewy Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, optional
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup granular sweetener of choice
- 4 oz cream cheese (full fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips (about 100 grams)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add your almond flour, binding ingredient, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Set aside. In a small bowl, melt your butter. Add in your sweeteners, and cream together well with a hand mixer. Add in your cream cheese and vanilla extract. Cream together again.
- Finally, add in your egg and mix well with the hand mixer.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well with a rubber spatula. Fold in the chocolate chip cookies.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on the baking sheet. The cookies won't spread much, so make sure you're okay with the shape and size. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy warm!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.