Last updated on August 23rd, 2018
Bulgur Stuffed Meatballs
Bulgur stuffed meatballs are perfect for an easy Mediterranean weeknight dinner. Food is on the table in less than an hour! Thanks to Wild Garden Foods for teaming up with me for this post. (All opinions are my own). Wild Garden’s heat and serve pilafs and quick marinades make for quick Mediterranean inspired masterpieces.
When I received this box from Wild Garden, I started thinking of all the delicious meals we could make with this stuff. Note – a Wild Garden apron and some recipe cards were included but not pictured in this box.
Rice & Lentil Pilaf, Turkish Marinade, Persian Marinade, Bulgur Pilaf, Shawarma Marinade & Couscous Pilaf.
Did I mention that the marinades are quick marinades, meaning you can soak your protein for only 30 minutes before you cook it? Also, the pilafs are all ready to go with only 90 seconds in the microwave. This stuff is basically live changing. It’s safe to say our pantry is going to be stocked full of Wild Garden products to make quick, healthy and flavorful meals.
As we mentioned before, we created some pretty incredible bulgur stuffed meatballs that are ready in under an hour. We think you will enjoy them too!
Here’s What You Need to Make Bulgur Stuffed Meatballs:
For Bulgur Pilaf Stuffing:
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 red onion
1 small red pepper
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 package Wild Garden Bulgur Pilaf
Add salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
2 lb ground meat (we used beef – you can use lamb or beef or a mixture of both)
Feta cheese crumbles
Here’s How to Make Bulgur Stuffed Meatballs:
1. Start by finely mincing the red onion, red pepper and garlic. Chop the parsley and cut the lemon in half. Set aside.
2. Prepare the bulgur pilaf according to the package. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a casserole dish. Bring the meat and eggs out from the refrigerator and set aside.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Add in the red pepper and onion and cook stirring frequently until translucent (about 4 minutes).
5. Add in the garlic and stir until fragrance is released, about 30 seconds.
6. Add in the bulgur pilaf and stir until mixed, then juice half a lemon over the top. Add salt and pepper to the mix if needed. Remove from heat, set aside.
7. In a large bowl, crack the two eggs and beat with a fork. Stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, paprika & lemon pepper. Add in juice of a half of a lemon. Add in olive oil.
8. Add in the ground meat, and mix until well combined.
9. Shape the meat mixture into a ball, press down in the center to flatten it, fill with about a tablespoon of bulgur pilaf mixture and form the meat back into a ball around it.
10. Place the meatballs in your greased casserole dish. Place in the oven for about 20-35 minutes. Because ovens are different, we suggest checking them frequently so they don’t get dried out. It also depends on the size of your meatballs. Obviously the larger they are, the longer they will take to cook.
11. When your meatballs are done, garnish them with feta cheese, parsley and lemon. Serve with a beautiful red cabbage, mint and carrot salad with feta if you wish. Find the recipe here.
Please let us know how you like the recipe, or be sure to share your #WildGardenEats creations with us! You can find Wild Garden Products at Jewel-Osco, Mariano’s and Meijer. Or, if they are not in your area, feel free to order them online.
If you like this recipe, let us know in the comments below and share it with your friends and family on social media!
Until next time!