Last updated on August 23rd, 2018
Banana Waffles will complete your breakfast or brunch! Using fresh bananas and brown sugar ensures a caramelized flavor to your favorite breakfast food. These guys are easy to make and will definitely please a crowd.
We love messing around with different waffle variations in our house. Sometimes plain, sometimes savory and sometimes sweet! These banana waffles are super yummy. We use brown sugar and real bananas in the batter that get nice and caramelized while cooking. Top with more bananas, maybe some berries, a little butter and some maple syrup – and you will have a crowd pleasing breakfast or brunch.
Here’s What Yon Need for Banana Waffles:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 3/4 cups milk
1/3 cup coconut or vegetable oil
2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 – 2 bananas
Here’s How You Make Banana Waffles:
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together eggs in a large bowl. Add in the vanilla, oil & milk.
- Slowly add in the flour, mixing consistently.
- Add in the sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Chop up 1 or two bananas into rounds and gently fold them into the batter.
- Add about 1/2 cup of batter to the hot waffle iron and cook for about 4 minutes on high heat. All waffle irons are different though, so check on them often. When they are browned to your liking, top them with butter, berries, and maple syrup or whatever you like!