This Bacon Cheddar and Green Onion Dip is versatile, and ready in 15 minutes. It’s low carb, and the perfect appetizer, spread and dip for snacking! You only need 9 ingredients including salt and pepper. It’s low carb and high fat too, making it an ideal snack for a low carb or keto diet. Try for yourself and start putting it on everything!
Here’s What You Need For This Bacon Cheddar and Green Onion Dip:
- Full fat sour cream
- Full fat cream cheese
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- Green onions
- Bacon bits
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Serving vessel ideas: Whisps Cheese Crisps (use affiliate code 20AFullLiving for 20% off!), Cucumbers, Carrots, Epic Pork Rinds, Celery, Duke’s Meats Sausages, Bell Peppers, Radishes
About the Ingredients & Recipe:
This recipe was inspired by Trader Joe’s Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip! We put our own spin on it. Their dip is insane!! So creamy and rich. Delicious. This dip has more of a cream cheese base, making it a bit thicker, and has a lot of green onions.
Seasoning: Everything is sort of to taste in this recipe, and we love a punch of onion in here. Ease up on the green onions a bit if you’re less enthusiastic about green onions than we are.
Bacon: The bacon bits are certainly a shortcut in this recipe. Cooking up some bacon to amplify this dip would be amazing, but it’s extra work that we don’t always find necessary. You could also simply crisp up your bacon bits in a pan as well. We find the best deals on bacon bits at Costco or Aldi, two of our most favorite grocery stores.
What To Serve This Bacon Cheddar and Green Onion Dip With:
If you’re on a keto diet like we follow most of the time, we love to dip things like veggies, pork rinds, low carb crackers and spread on low carb bread for sandwiches. We imagine this would also make an amazing topping for a burger! One of our most favorite snacks to serve this with are some Whisps Cheese crisps. They’re super low in carbs because they’re made of baked cheese. Our affiliate code is ’20AFullLiving’ for 20% off your order on Amazon. We’ve also linked some of our favorite ready made snacks in our Amazon store if you’re looking for ideas!
Need supplies for this recipe? We’ve linked our favorites above and right here in our Amazon Store! You don’t pay anything extra if you shop using our link, however, we get a small percentage of the sale. A Full Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate program, an affiliate advertising program designed to promote a means for sites to earn advertising fees by linking products to amazon.com. In addition, we are affiliates for Whisps snacks. We only share products we use and love. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to shop using our links, but we earn a small commission that helps us keep this site going!
More Recipes To Try:
Let’s Make It!
- Firstly, bring your cream cheese out on the counter about a half hour before making this dip. The result is a dip that mixes and combines much better once it has softened up a bit. You could also microwave the cream cheese for a short amount of time to soften it before combining.
- Secondly, If you’re going to make the bacon crumbles yourself, start this now. You could either crisp bacon up in a pan, then cut it into small pieces, or cook it in the oven and then cut it up. We prefer the oven cooking method if we are going to make our own bacon bits, so that we don’t get a ton of grease and mess everywhere!
- Thirdly, finish preparing your ingredients by dicing up your green onions, and shredding your cheddar cheese if necessary. Setting aside your your dry seasonings can also help speed up the process of putting the dip together too.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth, then stir in your salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and green onions.
- Fold in your bacon bits, and the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle on more green onions for garnish if you want, and just dip, and serve. The result is something you can just put everything basically!
If you get a chance to try this recipe, let us know what you think, would ya?! Leave us a comment, or catch up with us on Facebook or Instagram, or pin to your favorite Pinterest board for later. In conclusion, anything you do to share this recipe with your friends and family helps us tremendously.
If you love this recipe, please consider sharing it with a friend and also leaving a rating and comment so others can find this recipe. Thank you for your support!
Until Next Time,
Briana & Chamere
Bacon Cheddar and Green Onion Dip
- If you’re making bacon to crumble, do this now. If you want to crisp up your bacon bits in a pan, this is when you could do it. Dice up your green onions. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until smooth. Add your garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper and mix very well.
- Fold in your minced green onions, bacon bits and cheese.
- Sprinkle on more green onions for garnish.
- Enjoy alongside cheese crips, pork rinds, low carb veggies and more! Even put it on a sandwich. The choice is yours. Enjoy!
These nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy and are only estimates. We cannot guarantee the accuracy.